VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8]
During this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will gain an understanding on how to use vRealize Automation to automate the delivery of virtual machines, applications, and personalized IT services across different data centers and hybrid cloud environments.
The course covers how to manage both on-premise systems and cloud services and how vRealize Automation Service Broker can aggregate content in native formats from multiple clouds and platforms into a common catalog. You will learn how to interface vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and how to use vRealize Automation to manage Kubernetes systems and leverage other systems.
This course makes heavy use of hands-on labs.
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.x]
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.
- Course Introduction
- vRealize Automation Overview and Architecture
- vRealize Automation Installation
- Authentication and Authorization
- Basic Initial Configuration
- Creating and Deploying a Basic Blueprint
- Tags and Storage Configuration
- Advanced Blueprints
- Integrating NSX-T Data Center
- Cloud Accounts
- Service Broker
- Customization of Blueprints
- vRealize Automation Extensibility
- vRealize Automation and Kubernetes
- vRealize Automation Monitoring, Logs, and Troubleshooting
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation