PMP® Exam Prep Classroom Course
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential is the most important, industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® credential demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
For corporate customers there is a special Blended Program that saves 50% employee away time. More information on the Blended Program can be requested from your CClearning Contact Person.
The CClearning 35-hour, eLearning PMP® Exam Preparation Course provides a high quality training program that prepares candidates to both pass the PMP® exam, as well as learn to apply the PMBOK® in real life.
PMP® candidates are encouraged to enhance their learning experience by completing Sharkworld. This online, interactive project management simulation puts participants in the role of a project manager for a fictional company. You are challenged with the task to build the largest “shark aquarium” in the world. Faced with sharp deadlines and performance expectations, you have to manage the project by planning, negotiating and communicating with all of the stakeholders involved.
This Classroom course is aimed at people who work, or would like to work, on projects on a daily basis and would like to achieve the PMP® Certification. More specifically, this course is for project managers who want to master the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK®) and improve their skills in managing projects.
The CClearning approach to project management education is application driven. You will be immersed in project management through use of a comprehensive case study, exercises, examples and war stories. At the end of this program, you will be able to pass the exam and at the same time know how to use PMBOK® in practice as a project management professional.
This program contains 14 highly interactive, and modular course units. The course is enriched with engaging questions from real-life project situations. Through a series of sample-exam questions you will be optimally prepared to take and pass the exam.
- Those considering adopting the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project assurance staff
- Project officers
- Consultants and contractors
There are no formal prerequisites for participating in the PMP® Exam Preparation course, however, there are specific prerequisites prior to scheduling the PMP® exam.
Learners need to do a pre-course assessment of 40 sample exam questions before starting with the Classroom. You will receive online access to the pre-course assessment and are expected to have finished the 40 questions when coming to class the first day.
At the end of this course, you will
- Be able to pass the PMP® Exam become a certified project management professional (PMP®)
- Gain the skills and knowledge of project management based on the PMBOK® Guide and real-life project management practices
- Know how to use the tools and techniques you learned while studying for the PMP® exam
- Apply project management techniques useful in the real world
- Share a common lexicon of project management terms and principles
- Day 1
- 1. Course Introduction
- 2. Guidelines for the PMP® Exam Preparation
- 3. Project Management Framework
- 4. Project Integration Management
- 5. Project Scope Management (continued)
- Day 2
- 5. Project Scope Management
- 6. Project Time Management
- 7. Project Cost Management
- 8. Project Quality Management
- Day 3
- 8. Project Quality Management (continued)
- 9. Project Human Resource Management
- 10. Project Communication management
- Day 4
- 11. Project Risk Management
- 12. Project Procurement Management
- 13. PMP® Professional Responsibility
- 14. Course Wrap-Up
- Post-Course Online Assessment
- Post-Course Online Sample Exam (200 questions, 4 hours)
Why Select an CClearning PMP® Exam Preparation Training Course
- CClearning provides you with comprehensive training materials and a unique learning experience. Your Classroom program includes everything you need to pass the exam.
- This course provides 14 modules that can be taken at any time and at your own pace. The modules are well-rounded blocks of information, making the learning experience smooth and easy.
- CClearning works with a global network of partners to deliver PMP® training courses; this means that, there is always a partner in your area, and we can (generally) deliver courses in your own language, if English is not your first language.
About the Examination
- The PMP® examination is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions. Of the 200 questions, 25 are considered pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect the score and are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All pretest questions are unmarked and randomly placed throughout the examination. The 200 questions cover the vast body of project management terms, concepts, principles, and application.
- The time allotted to complete the exam is four hours, the exam is computer based. Pass/Fail results are provided at the conclusion of the exam.
- There are no scheduled breaks during the exam, although candidates are allowed to take a break(s), if needed; however, during the break the clock continues to count down.
- Enrolling and paying for exams is done through PMI. Training companies are not able to sell exam vouchers. For more information, download the PMP® Exam FAQ document or review the PMI PMP® handbook.