Agile Certified Practitioner Course
If your organization is working with Agile approaches to project management, the PMI-ACP certification may be right for you. The PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of Agile principles, practices, and the tools and techniques applied across Agile methodologies.
The use of Agile, as an approach to managing projects, has increased dramatically over the last several years.
CClearning 3-day PMI Agile Certified Practitioner provides an optimal mix of classroom lectures, interactive case studies, assignments and additional reading materials to successfully prepare you to pass the PMI-ACP exam.
This course is aimed at people who work in Agile teams and want to obtain the PMI-ACP certification. The objective of this 3-day course is to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to pass the PMI-ACP examination, and to successfully apply Agile practices in their organization.
Candidates will learn more than the basics of Agile during this course. Candidates will also understand the underlying principles and specific techniques needed to help your team achieve project success.
The Agile methodology is more adaptive, people-oriented and focuses on constant input and cyclical change, which opens the door for continuous improvement during the project. This, as opposed to the more process-oriented, sequential, predictive structure of traditional project management as defined by the PMBOK® Guide.
Professionals pursuing the PMI-ACP certification:
- Project Managers
- Project Planners
- Quality Assurance Staff
- Project Controllers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Team Members
There are no official prerequisites for this course. However, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the basics of Agile through a variety of online articles. If you plan to take the PMI-ACP exam upon completion of this course, you should meet the requirements for PMI-ACP certification described in the “About the Examination” section at the end of this document.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the processes of Agile methodologies.
- Understand the Agile project phases, Agile life cycle and stakeholders, key Agile management skills and the social-economic-environmental influences.
- Understand the concepts of product backlog, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives, along with other factors such as prioritizations using different techniques.
- Understand the Professional Responsibilities concerning Agile Project Management.
- Be fully prepared to take and pass the PMI-ACP exam.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Agile Methodologies
- Agile Project Management Context
- Agile User Stories
- Agile Estimation, Planning, Monitoring and Adapting
- Agile Communications and Soft Skills
- Agile Product Quality
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Metrics Management and Value Stream Mapping
- PMI-ACP MOCK test (200 questions)
About the Examination
- Candidates need to meet PMI’s requirements for PMI-ACP certification (as listed below).
- The PMI-ACP examination consists of 120 multiple-choice questions. Of the 120 questions, 20 are considered pre-test questions. These pre-test questions do not affect the score. They are simply used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All pre-test questions are unmarked and randomly placed throughout the examination.