Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators Ed 2
In the Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators Ed 2 course, you’ll learn about the new and enhanced features and options of Oracle Database 12c. Expert instructors will teach you how these features and options increase security, manageability and performance. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Manage the Oracle multitenant container databases and pluggable databases.
- Configure Heat Map and use Automatic Data Optimization.
- Benefit from Online Datafile Move.
- Understand the new Temporal capabilities as well as In-Database Archiving with Row-archival.
- Enforce security with the Unified Auditing, the new administrative privileges, Privilege Analysis, and Data Redaction.
- Increase SQL performance with the Database In-Memory option, and Full Database In-Memory Caching and the Automatic Big Table Caching features.
- Benefit from optimizer enhancements such as Adaptive Execution Plans and SQL Plan Directives, Real-Time ADDM and Compare Period ADDM.
- Use enhanced features of Resource Manager in multitenant container databases and pluggable databases.
- Understand how and when to use enhancements in Data Pump, partitioning, and SQL.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Hands-on Practices and Demonstrations
Hands-on practices and available demonstrations help you learn how to use these new or enhanced features of Oracle Database 12c. You'll explore using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and other tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Express SQL Developer to manage, monitor and administer your data center. You will also learn about performance new features of the first patchset of Oracle Database 12c: Full Database In-Memory Caching, the In-Memory Column Store which is one of the most important features of the 12.1 first patchset, and Automatic Big Table Caching.
- Enterprise Manager and Other Tools
- Basics of Multitenant Container Database (CDB)
- Configuring and Creating CDB and PDBs
- Managing CDB and PDBs
- Managing Tablespaces, Common and Local Users, Privileges and Roles
- Managing Backup / Recovery / Flashback
- Online Datafile Move and Automatic Data Optimization
- In-Database Archiving
- Auditing Enhancements
- Privileges Enhancements
- Oracle Data Redaction
- General RMAN New Features and FDA Enhancements
- Monitoring DB Operations
- Real-Time ADDM and Compare Period Advisor
- ADR and Network Enhancements
- In-Memory Column Store
- In-Memory Caching
- SQL Tuning
- Resource Manager and Other Performance Enhancements
- Index and Table Enhancements
- Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- Database Administrator
- Systems Administrator