Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop
This Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop will teach each you how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You will develop appropriate strategies for backup, restore and recovery procedures from provided scenarios. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- CDT Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Develop backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Perform Backup and Recovery
Expert instructors will begin by helping you gain a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a Database Administrator, backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps required to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail.
Recovery Manager Command Line and Graphical Interfaces
This course will teach you about Recovery Manager (RMAN) command line and graphical interfaces for various backup, failure, restore and recovery scenarios.
Participate in Hands-on Practices and Workshops
Participating in extensive hands-on practices and workshops will help you gain experience in a realistic technical environment. Interactive workshops give you the opportunity to diagnose and recover from numerous failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
Upon completing this course, you will know how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You'll have the skills to develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverablility
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Database Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Recovery, Part 1
- Performing Recovery, Part 2
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Performing Tape Backups and Restores
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Managing Backup Space or Transporting Data
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Performance and Tuning
- Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- Database Administrator