TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined Classroom Course
The TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curriculi of both Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
- Interactivity guaranteed – Group Discussions, Think-Pair-Share, Brainstorming, and 2-Minute Paper Activities. Our course engages all types of participants, including the quieter lot, and encourages sharing of ideas / team building among the participants.
- Focus on effectiveness – Real-life Analogies, Formative Quizzes, Mind Maps, after-course study guide, mock exams. This enhances the performance of the participants during the course, and focuses on their key strengths and areas of improvement. We also make sure that people pass the exam of course.
- Engaging & Fun – A central case study in the form of a comic strip and eFlash Cards are engaging ways to learn, recall, and retain. We don’t offer some boring 750-page TOGAF book, or 5 days of theory, but a fun experience.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9, e.g. System Integrators, Operational, Business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT Managers, Program and Project Leaders, IT Specialists, Architects
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts The TOGAF certification program
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- Understand and apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Understand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
- Classroom — U-shaped setup preferred
- Whiteboard, flipchart, and projector
- Participants — maximum of 16
(In case of virtual course delivery: Virtual Classroom Software (provided by CClearning)
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is strongly recommended that participants have some experience in the Enterprise Architecture domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the Course Book
About the Examination
There are two possibilities for taking the exam. The candidate can take the Level 1 and Level 2 exams separately, or take the combined exam. The exam is a proctored exam. A proctor needs to be registered prior to taking the exam. Exam vouchers are provided and the exam can only be taken at Prometric test centers.
- Level 1 Exam (details):
- The exam is in closed-book format, and includes 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 55% (22 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts for 60 minutes and can be taken at Prometric test centers.
- Level 2 Exam (details):
- The exam is in open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. The pass score is 60% (5 out of 8 questions). The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken at Prometric test centers.
- Level 1 and 2 Combination Exam (details):
- This examination consists of two separate sections. The TOGAF 9 Part 1 is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9 Part 2, Section 2 is OPEN book. (Note at Prometric test centers an electronic copy of the specification is built into the test and becomes available in Part 2 only).
- Time limit: 150 Minutes total. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 1 and 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9, Part 1 section you cannot return to it.