Attendees should possess the following background knowledge and skills:
- Basic computer literacy, including the use of general office software such as Microsoft Office
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation and keyboard proficiency skills
- Basic Internet usage skills, including use of a browser and search tools
- Basic email usage skills
- Moderate knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message formats
SESA v2.1 is a comprehensive three-day hands-on training course that prepares students to install, configure, operate, maintain and perform basic troubleshooting of the Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA) and to maintain email security in small to medium-sized and enterprise deployments.
During the course, students will learn how to install, configure, operate, maintain, administer, and troubleshoot the Cisco Email Security Appliance.
Students will also be provided with in-depth instruction on the ESA’s features, learn advanced Internet email security concepts, and gain an understanding of how to customize ESA configurations for their organizational needs.
The course provides students with practical activities that will prepare them to configure, administer, and conduct troubleshooting tasks on a secure email network in SMB and enterprise installations.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Reviewing the Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Module 2: Administering the Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Module 3: Controlling Sender and Recipient Domains
- Module 4: Controlling Spam with Cisco SensorBase and Antispam
- Module 5: Using Antivirus, Advanced Malware Protection, and Virus Outbreak Filter
- Module 6: Using Mail Policies
- Module 7: Using Content Filters
- Module 8: Preventing Data Loss
- Module 9: Using LDAP
- Module 10: Using Authentication and Encryption
- Module 11: Using Message Filters
- Module 12: Using System Quarantines & Delivery Methods
- Module 13: Understanding Clustering
- Module 14: Troubleshooting
Who Should Attend
- Security Architects & System Designers
- Network Administrators & Operations Engineers
- Network or Security Managers responsible for Email Security
- Cisco ESA Customers