Configuring BIG-IP GTM: Global Traffic Manager v12
Course name is changing to Configuring BIG-IP DNS for v12 and beyond.
This course gives networking professionals a functional understanding of the BIG-IP GTM system as it is commonly used. The course covers installation, configuration, and management of the BIG-IP GTM system. This hands-on course includes lectures, labs, and discussions.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Installation and Licensing
- DNS Overview
- Accelerated DNS Resolutions
- Intelligent DNS Resolutions
- LDNS Probes and Metrics
- Load Balancing
- Monitors and Probes
- Configuration Files, Logs, and Notifications
- Advanced Topics – DNSSEC, iRules, Synchronization, DNS Integration, iHealth
- Configuration Project
By the end of this course, the student should be able to perform an initial configuration using the Setup Utility and build many common configurations using the Graphical User Interface (browser-based). In addition, the student should be able to monitor and manage common tasks concerning traffic processed through the BIG-IP GTM system.
Course length: 2 days
There are no required F5 prerequisites for this course.
However, completing one of the following before attending would be very helpful for students unfamiliar with BIG-IP:
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
The following web-based courses, although optional, will be very helpful for any student with limited BIG-IP administration and configuration experience:
- Getting Started with BIG-IP web-based training
- Getting Started with BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM) web-based training
Students should understand:
- TMOS administration
- Network concepts and configuration
- Security concepts and terminology
- DNS configuration and resolution
- Web application delivery