In the Symantec Storage Foundation 6.x for UNIX: You learn to integrate, operate, and make the most of Symantec Storage Foundation (SF), including Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) and Veritas File System (VxFS), in a UNIX environment. You learn to install and configure Symantec Storage Foundation and to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes by using a variety of SF user interfaces including the Veritas Operations Manager (VOM) Web console. You also learn about recovery from disk failures and basics of online file system administration.
- Install and configure Symantec Storage Foundation.
- Configure and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
- Administer file systems.
- Install Veritas Operations Manager and manage multiple Storage Foundation servers.
- Monitor VxVM tasks and change volume layouts to improve performance.
- Manage the dynamic multipathing feature.
- Identify types of disk failure and resolve disk failures.
This course is for UNIX system or network administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who will be installing, operating, or integrating Symantec Storage Foundation.
Knowledge of UNIX system administration.