The Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.x for Exchange: Maintain and Troubleshoot course is designed for the IT or Support professional tasked with maintaining and troubleshooting Enterprise Vault 10.x. It is particularly appropriate for those candidates who have previously attended the courses named in the “Prerequisites” section of this document. Successful completion of the training provides suitable candidates the skills to fulfill roles either as IT personnel responsible for managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the product, or as support professionals who may be required to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the product and provide assistance to other Enterprise Vault users.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Migrate or upgrade an Enterprise Vault system to Enterprise Vault 10.x.
- Monitor and tune Enterprise Vault.
- Maintain the Enterprise Vault environment.
- Describe troubleshooting tools.
- Outline basic troubleshooting steps.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Vault servers.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Vault clients.
- Outline steps to contact and work with Symantec Technical Support.
You must have attended or have the required knowledgefrom the following Symantec courses:
- Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.x: Installation (WBT)
- Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.x for Exchange: Administration
Moving to Enterprise Vault 10.x
- Enterprise Vault environment overview
- Migration and upgrade options
- Migrating Enterprise Vault
- Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 10.x
Operating Enterprise Vault
- Verifying proper Enterprise Vault operation
- Monitoring MSMQs
- Monitoring index health
Monitoring and Tuning Enterprise Vault
- Using Enterprise Vault Operations Manager (EVOM)
- Managing disk space
- Viewing Enterprise Vault systems reports
- Running common SQL queries
- Best practices and performance tuning
Maintaining Enterprise Vault Environments
- Using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM)
- Managing archives
- Using safety copies and collections
- Performing SQL maintenance
- Maintaining indexes
- Backup and recovery review
Troubleshooting Tools Overview
- Enterprise Vault tools
- Microsoft/Windows tools
- Web tools
- Network tools
- Basic troubleshooting concepts
- Isolating the issue
- Basic Microsoft SQL troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
- Basic Microsoft Exchange troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
- Basic network troubleshooting for Enterprise Vault
Troubleshooting Enterprise Vault servers
- Mailbox archiving processes
- Enterprise Vault server troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Enterprise Vault Clients
- Enterprise Vault client overview
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- Troubleshooting Virtual Vault and Vault Cache
- Troubleshooting Outlook Web App/Access (OWA)
Working with Symantec Support
- Accessing Symantec Technical Support
- Gathering information for Symantec Technical Support