Who Should Attend
This basic course is for anyone who has worked with IBM SPSS Statistics and wants to become better versed in the basic statistical capabilities of IBM SPSS Statistics Base. This course targets those with limited or no statistical background. The course is also an appropriate refresher for those whose main statistical experience was gained many years ago.
- General computer literacy.
- Completion of the ‘Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics’ and/or ‘Data Management and Manipulation with IBM SPSS Statistics’ courses
- or experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (Version 15 or later) including familiarity with opening, defining, and saving data files and manipulating and saving output.
- Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Principles of Research Design and Process
- Understanding Data Distributions – Theory
- Data Distributions for Categorical Data – Practice
- Data Distributions for Continuous Data – Practice
- Making Inferences about Populations from Samples
- Relationships between Categorical Variables: Crosstabs, Chi-square, and Charts
- Independent Samples: T Test: Mean difference between two independent groups
- Paired Samples T Test: Mean difference between related samples
- One-way ANOVA: Mean differences between Multiple Groups
- Bivariate plots and correlations
- Introduction to Regression
- Introduction to Nonparametric Tests