In this course, you’ll examine additional topics to aid in the preparation of data for a successful data mining project. Youll learn how to partition records from files, handle missing data, modify fields and create new fields, and work with dates, strings and sequence data.
Who Should Attend
This follow-up intermediate course to Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining is designed for anyone who wishes to become familiar with the full range of techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler for data and file manipulation.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- General computer literacy.
- Some experience using IBM SPSS Modeler (formerly Clementine) including familiarity with the IBM SPSS environment, creating streams, reading data files, and doing simple data exploration and manipulation.
- Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining is strongly encouraged.
Please refer to course overview.
- Sampling Data
- Working with Dates
- Data transformations on continuous fields
- Working with string data
- Working with sequence data
- Writing out data files
- Efficiency in IBM SPSS Modeler
- Database Joins with IBM SPSS Modeler
- Statistics transform node