This course builds on the knowledge acquired during the ‘Introduction to Data Management’ course and provides more complex functionality within each of the Data Management steps. You will build on their scripting knowledge and tackle more intricate scenarios.The survey and case data used during this course are the solutions to the IBM SPSS Data Collection Scripting (Survey Creation) Level I course, thereby providing a sense of continuity to students from both classes. Additionally, the solution created during the ‘Introduction To Data Management’ course will be used to drive the student exercises.
Who Should Attend
This course is for scriptwriters who will be responsible for the data management of projects. In order words, taking initial datasets and surveys files and modifying the records appropriately.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
You should have taken the ‘IBM SPSS Data Collection Scripting (Intro to Data Management)’ course as the content builds on specific knowledge gained during that course.
Please refer to course overview.
- Explain how hierarchical survey content is stored and referenced
- Modify data
- Create references to external files
- Build global text substitutions
- Explain the concept and process of Weighting
- Explain how to ‘modify’ data record selection
- Explain the customized connection property option
- Demonstrate building a ‘dynamically’ derived variable
- Explain how to create our weighting variable
- Explain how to script against the survey metadata file
- Explain how to use the WScript.Shell object
- Explain how to use the VBScript.RegExp object
- Explain and create subroutines
- Explain and create functions
- List additional best practices associated with modifying records
- Describe more involved cleaning solutions
- Explain the error object and the different ways of handling errors
- Define and explain the weighted solutions available
- Deploy automation at the end of the solution