IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay Administration (V8.4) is a one day course that provides you with knowledge of how to administer IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay applications in the IBM Cognos 8 BI environment. You will identify IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay components and architecture, set server properties, schedule, monitor, log, and audit PowerPlay activities, set cube and report properties, and set security.
Who Should Attend
- This advanced course is for PowerPlay Administrators.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Experience with IBM Cognos 8 BI Administration or attending the IBM Cognos 8 BI Administration (V8.3 or V8.4) course.
- IBM Cognos 8 BI Administration (V8.4) (B2455 )
Please refer to course overview for description information.
- Identify how Performance Management through IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay fits into the IBM Information on Demand theme
- Examine how IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay administration tasks fit into the IBM Cognos 8 BI administration workflow
- Identify how IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay user interface and server components relate to other IBM Cognos 8 BI components
- Examine IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay components
- Identify the aspects of Series 7 PowerPlay that are not part of IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay
- Examine the IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay migration experience
- Set properties for PowerPlay servers
- Set properties for the PowerPlay service
- Load balance PowerPlay servers
- Tune the PowerPlay service and PowerPlay content
- Enable logging for the PowerPlay service and PowerPlay content
- Administer PowerPlay cubes and reports in IBM Cognos Administration
- Secure IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay using the IBM Cognos 8 security model