Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller Implementation Engineer
- Channel Partner / Reseller Pre-Sales Technical Engineer
- Channel Partner / Reseller 2nd and 3rd Line CTS Support Staff
- End Customer CTS Systems Admin & Support Staff
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent knowledge
- Implementing Cisco Unified CallManager Part 1 (CIPT1) or equivalent knowledge
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the Cisco TelePresence Experience and how TelePresence can change the way we do businesses today. Describe the CTS Models available and how the different models fit different needs and deployment scenarios.
- Describe products that compete with Cisco TelePresence.
- Perform a Room Readiness Assessment (RRA) using the RRA tool kit (an actual TelePresence room will be visited for the true Cisco TelePresence Experience).
- Identify components of a Cisco TelePresence solution and what pieces require special care.
- Identify the tools and methodology for tuning the Cisco TelePresence cameras.
- Provide an overview of the Cisco TelePresence endpoint architecture including interconnectivity between all components, Primary/Secondary relationships, software operation, and administrative interfaces.
- Describe the network protocols and architecture that support Cisco TelePresence.
- Describe the steps involved in making a Cisco TelePresence call. Explain the Cisco TelePresence Manager architecture and configuration of the Cisco TelePresence Manager.
- Explain the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch and Bandwidth Requirements for the correct placement of the Multipoint Switch. Perform an assessment of the hardware, software, and network in order to support the Cisco TelePresence System for both point-to-point and multi-point TelePresence meetings.
- Engage support organizations, such as Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC). Explain how the TelePresence Business Unit (TSBU) managed services offerings are provided and how the TSBU can assist channel partners succeed with initial site assessments, ordering and deploying TelePresence solutions.
TelePresence Installation and Configuration Training, (TPICT), has been revised into a five-day, instructor-led course that teaches the Cisco TelePresence architecture, components, functionalities, and features. The newly revised course covers the recent addition of the CTS 500 and CTS 3200 TelePresence systems.New TelePresence features are also introduced and there is an increased amount of lab time. The course describes the latest techniques used to perform a Room Readiness Assessment, the latest advice on room remediation, Network Path Assessment and the TelePresence deployment process from the ordering, staging the deployment, assembly, camera tuning, CTS certification and maintenance and support of CTS systems. In addition, the course covers the Cisco TelePresence Manager, the TelePresence Multi-Point Switch and introduces Inter-Company Communications models.