Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Knowledge of basic Cisco IOS commands.
- Cisco Catalyst operating system commands, and TCP / IP.
- Basic Microsoft Windows and Internet browser navigation skills.
- Basic e-mail usage skills.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Module 1: Describe fundamental network management concepts and introduce the features of CiscoWorks LMS 4.2.
- Module 2: Install CiscoWorks LMS 4.2, log into the portal for the first time, and use the Getting Started workflow to configure the server.
- Module 3: Explore and customize the dashboards in My Menu, manage portlets, and change the portal layout.
- Module 4: Manage the network device inventory.
- Module 5: Manage network device configurations and software images.
- Module 6: Monitor and troubleshoot the network.
- Module 7: Use the Work Centers to perform complete lifecycle management of network devices.
- Module 8: Perform advanced administration tasks in CiscoWorks LMS.
Implementing CiscoWorks LMS (CWLMS) v4.2 teaches learners how to use the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) 4.2 to manage their network. The focus is to find the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network inventory, manage device configurations, control software updates, monitor performance, troubleshoot faults, and simplify the deployment of new Cisco technologies.
The course presentation materials include 8 modules.
- Module 1 (3 lessons)
- Module 2 (3 lessons)
- Module 3 (2 lessons)
- Module 4 (4 lessons)
- Module 5 (4 lessons)
- Module 6 (6 lessons)
- Module 7 (4 lessons)
- Module 8 (4 lessons)