Who Should Attend
• Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Preferred Advanced Wireless specialized partner or Gold partner.
- Knowledge of basic 802.1X (It is recommended that the student take the free 802.1X E-learning on PEC before attending this training.)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP.
- CCNA-level route and switch knowledge.
The Implementing Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers (SWISE) version 1.0 course is a 2-day Instructor-led Training course. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) combined with the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), access point (AP), and end devices provide the comprehensive Cisco ISE deployment capabilities and solution into one system. This training course will enable Cisco end customers and authorized Cisco System Engineers (SEs) to understand the concepts, architecture, and use cases that are related to the Cisco ISE. This course will also prepare learners to implement basic Cisco ISE solutions. The focus is to ensure that students can implement the core features of Cisco ISE that most implementations require. Students should already be familiar with basic Cisco WLC and AP configuration.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the business drivers, architecture, components, and scalability factors related to typical Cisco ISE deployment Provision secure network access by configuring AAA services and common CoA options.
- Configure profiling processes, components, options, and best practices.
- Provision a guest user access solution and the different options that are available.
- Describe and implement a BYOD solution, with a focus on configuring BYOD using a single SSID.
- Integrate Cisco ISE with a partner MDM solution.
- Use Cisco ISE tools to gather useful information related to historical trending and to troubleshoot.
- Course Introduction
- Introducing Cisco ISE
- Provisioning Secure Access
- Configuring Profiling
- Providing Guest Access
- Implementing BYOD
- Exploring MDM Integration
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco ISE Security Solutions