The Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Data Virtualization exam tests candidates’ skills and knowledge in the use of Red Hat Data Virtualization to integrate multiple data sources.
Someone who holds a Certificate of Expertise in Data Virtualization is able to perform the following tasks:
- Start, stop and manage deployments on the Data Virtualization runtime
- Model and create federated views from divergent data sources including flat files and relational databases
- Transform data from divergent data sources to create new, business ready data views
- Create virtual procedures to provide customized and/or optimized data views
- Use effective techniques to improve the performance of federated data views
- Expose federated data as RESTFul services
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives which highlights the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Prerequisite skills for the exam
There are no prerequisites to take this exam but it is recommended that an individual take Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Administration (JB450) training course.
Candidates should be able to perform the tasks listed below:
Establish and import data sources
- Import from Flat File Source locally
- Import from Flat File Source ftp
- Import from RDBMS
Federate and transform data
- Use the Teiid Designer wizards to automatically generate data translators
- Understand and update generated translators
- Apply simple data transformations such as Type Casting
- Apply complex transformations inbuilt transformation functions
- Use the various inbuilt translators
- Aggregate different typed data stores to create a federated view including:
- Files (flat and XML)
- Multiple, different relational database
- Implement SQL logic from distinct data stores
- Understand and implement materialized views
- Improve performance by using in memory cache
- Use techniques to bypass caches as needed
- Tune caching behavior for specific requirements
- Create READ procedure
- Expose procedure results as XML or JSON
- Expose data as RestFul services
- Understand and anticipate performance issues
- Package and deploy virtual databases
- Understand how to use Teiid Designer to control and mange the Data Virtualization runtime
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Data Virtualization Exam (EX450) to consider taking the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Administration (JB450) training course.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one’s preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of the skills and knowledge required to effectively use Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization to model and create a single cohesive, federated view of multiple, complex data sources. Candidates perform a number of routine data modeling and federation tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
The exam consists of one section lasting 4.0 hours.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Audience and prerequisites
Audience for this exam
Developers and architects who will be responsible for modeling and creating federated views of multiple, different data sources using Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
Database administrators who may be involved in a project using Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization to model and create federated views of multiple, different data sources
Prerequisites for this exam
In preparation to earn a Certificate of Expertise in Data Virtualization, Red Hat recommends: