The Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack® exam (EX210) tests candidates skills, knowledge and abilities needed to create, configure, and manage private clouds using the Red Hat OpenStack Platform. An IT professional who passes the exam earns the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack certification.
This exam is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.
If you are purchasing an Individual Exam on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10, it is only delivered at limited Individual Exam locations at this time.
Study points for the exam
Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance through revisions to this document.
Candidates for the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Manage an OpenStack undercloud and overcloud
- Use the command line interface to manage an OpenStack environment
- Use Red Hat OpenStack director to deploy additional nodes in an existing overcloud
- Create a message queue and publish messages to it
- Add additional compute nodes
- Configure and manage networking
- Monitor OpenStack service metrics and events
- Manage projects and resources
- Create projects, users and roles
- Create and manage security groups
- Configure flavors
- Set quotas
- Manage instances
- Manage and customize images
- Launch instances
- Configure external access for instances
- Configure images at deployment
- Perform live migration of instances
- Manage and utilize storage
- Configure and manage both block and object storage
- Attach a block storage volume to an instance
- Store objects in object storage containers
- Use OpenStack orchestration
- Use orchestration templates to configure OpenStack services and resources
- Use orchestration templates to deploy a multi-instance application
What you need to know
Preparation for the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack to consider taking the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) and Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) courses. Attendance in these classes is not required, so one can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of Red Hat OpenStack Platform skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring and administering an OpenStack cloud and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 US business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Audience and prerequisites
The following audiences may be interested in earning the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack:
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their use of Red Hat OpenStack Platform skills.
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE) who wish to pursue Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
Prerequisites for this exam
Candidates for this exam should:
- Have a RHCSA or RHCE certification or have comparable work experience and skills.
- Take the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) and Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) courses or have comparable work experience using Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Review the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210) objectives.