Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1).
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) v1.0 is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers. This five-day course focuses on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network. Learners will be able to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch type office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Router and Security Device Manager [SDM]) and the command-line interface (CLI) on the Cisco routers and switches.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security.
- Configure routers on the network perimeter with Cisco IOS Software security features.
- Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall to perform basic security operations on a network.
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
- Configure IPS on Cisco network routers.
- Configure LAN devices to control access, resist attacks, shield other network devices and systems, and protect the integrity and confidentiality of network traffic.
Module 1: Introduction to Network Security Principles
Module 2 : Perimeter Security
Module 3: Network Security Using Cisco IOS Firewalls
Module 4: Site-to-Site VPNs
Module 5: Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
Module 6: LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint Security Overview