Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) 1.0
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
Here are Cisco learning resources that can help you prepare:
- Python Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE)
- Explore the DevNet Certification area for specific topics and labs related to this course and certification: https://developer.cisco.com/certification/
The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco® DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles. You will learn how to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This course helps you prepare to take the 200-901 DevNet Associate (DEVASC) exam. By passing this exam, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
- Practicing Modern Software Development (Lecture)
- Describing Software Development Process (Self-study)
- Designing Software (Self-study)
- Introducing Network-Based APIs (Lecture)
- Consuming REST-Based APIs (Lecture)
- Employing Programmability on Cisco Platforms (Lecture)
- Introducing Cisco Platforms (Self-study)
- Describing IP Networks (ELT only) (Self-study)
- Relating Network and Applications (Lecture)
- Employing Model-Driven Programmability with YANG (Lecture)
- Deploying Applications (Lecture)
- Testing and Securing Applications (Lecture)
- Automating Infrastructure (Lecture)
Who should enroll
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification will also find this material useful.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Network automation engineer
- Software developer
- System integration programmer
Additional job roles that might be interested:
- Infrastructure architect
- Network designer