Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) v4.0
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS.
The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) v4.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS). This hands-on course gives you the knowledge and skills to use the platform features and includes firewall security concepts, platform architecture and key features; in-depth event analysis including detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning and configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls; Snort® rules language; file and malware inspection, security intelligence, and network analysis policy configuration designed to detect traffic patterns; configuration and deployment of correlation policies to take action based on events detected; troubleshooting; system and user administration tasks, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW). You can take these courses in any order.
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Overview
- Cisco Firepower NGFW Device Configuration
- Cisco Firepower NGFW Traffic Control
- Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Implementing Access Control Policies
- Security Intelligence
- File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network Analysis Policies
- Detailed Analysis Techniques
- Cisco Firepower Platform Integration
- Alerting and Correlation Policies
- System Administration
- Cisco Firepower Troubleshooting
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers