Cisco E-Learning for NPDEV v4.0 is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. This course is aligned with the topics covered by the 300-560 NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability.
- Review data handling and formats.
- Have knowledge of Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and ODL Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests.
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTCONF and NETCONF.
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms.
- Channel Partners
It is recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Required: Ability to program in Java, Python, C, or other languages
- Recommended, but not required:
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) v1.0 Cisco E-Learning or equivalent Python programming experience
- Any CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
Associated Certification: Network Programmability Developer Specialist
Associated Exam: 300-560 NPDEV