It is recommended, but not required, to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
• Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) ELT or equivalent Python programming experience
This course is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability.
• Review data handling and formats.
• Have knowledge of Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and Open SDN Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests.
• Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTConf and NETConf.
• Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms.
Module1: Networking Fundamentals
Module 2: Device Programmability
Module 3: Cisco ACI
Module 4: Cisco APIC-EM Module
Module 5: OpenDaylight SDN Controller
Module 6: Network Programming Tools and Techniques
Who Should Attend
• Channel Partners
• Entry-level to experienced Network Administrator
• Network, Field and System Engineers
• Network Designer
• Network Operations
• Network Automation Engineer
• Network Programmer
• Network Developer
• Software Engineer
• Application Developer