Who Should Attend
This course is intended for installation engineers and personnel responsible for troubleshooting and providing first level support for MeetingPlace in enterprise networks.
- Student must be sponsored by a Cisco IP Communications Specialized Partner.
- Complete Cisco MeetingPlace Installation and Maintenance (CMIM) course.
- Recommended: Training on Microsoft Active Directory Integration (LDAP).
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe LDAP directory functions and System Administration operations
- Install and configure the MeetingPlace Directory Services integration
- Configure various scenarios of customer LDAP mapping rules for MPDS
- Describe the MeetingPlace Directory Services functions, processes and file structure
- Install and configure MeetingPlace Directory Services Metalinks to LDAP Databases and to Cisco MeetingPlace 8100 Audio Servers that meet specific customer requirements
- Troubleshoot Cisco MeetingPlace Directory Services integration based on the two types of integrations and specific Metalink scenarios
Remote Lab Requirements
- Client PC running Cisco VPN Client
- Microsoft Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Connection software
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Client PC has passed MeetingPlace Browser Test atgo.meetingplace.net
This 1-1/2 day lab-intensive course is delivered remotely through scheduled broadcast of lecture and access to remote labs. The course provides in-depth instruction and practice of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills required to install the Cisco MeetingPlace Directory Services v5.3 product. The course focuses on MeetingPlace audio server profile management automation, and integration into a Customer’s Microsoft Active Directory, Sun Microsystems iPlanet/Netscape, and/or Cisco CallManager Directory environment. Hands-on lab exercises practice and reinforce the configuration and troubleshooting of common integrations. Cisco MeetingPlace Directory aServices is an optional product component of a total Cisco MeetingPlace rich media solution.