Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller
You will gain the most from this course if you have a basic understanding of the following topics:
- TCP / IP protocol
- HTTP and SSL protocols
- N-tier application architecture
- Server load-balancing
- Describe IP application delivery with the ACE module.
- Describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure ACE features.
- Describe the capabilities the ACE module used to load balance IP-based applications.
- Identify the layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking.
- Create new contexts and resource classes.
- Create class maps and serverfarms.
- Configure an ACE context load balance traffic flows.
- Configure an ACE context to monitor real servers.
- Implement fixups and inspection.
- Describe the ACE features that provide IP application security.
- Implement SSL termination.
- Configure network address translations.
- Describe the high availability features of the ACE module.
- Configure an ACE context to perform a variety functions in an integrated environment.
- Troubleshoot common SLB configuration errors.
ACEAP is a 4-day, instructor-led, lecture / lab course that teaches you how to design, deploy, and optimize intelligent network services using the Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) Appliance.
This course covers all of the key features of the ACE 2.0 software, including resource virtualization and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), SSL termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups.
Module 1: Implementing the Cisco ACE application Control Engine Appliance
Module 2: Introducing the Cisco ACE 4710 Appliance
Module 3: Deploying Cisco ACE
Module 4: Modular Policy CLI
Module 5: Managing the Cisco ACE Appliance
Module 6: Security Features
Module 7: Load Balancing
Module 8: Health Monitoring
Module 9: Layer 7 Protocol Processing
Module 10: Processing Secure Connections
Module 11: Deploying Application Acceleration and Optimization
Module 12: High Availability
Module 13: Integrating Multiple Features