Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers, as well as server administrators
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network designers, administrators, and managers.
The knowledge and skills recommended for a learner to attend this course are as follows:
- CCNA Routing and Switching knowledge level
This course is a three-day instructor-led training program designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
Version 2.0 of this course is an update that covers the feature differences between version 4.2(1)SV1(4a) and version 4.2(1)SV1(5.1). Labs and Courseware are updated in this version of the course. Additionally time is spent discussing the highlights of emerging features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V.
Upon completing this course, the learner is able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance, and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture.
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series, and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design
The course contains these components:
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
- Module 2: Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration